Tuesday, January 22, 2008

National Blog for Choice Day

Today is the 35th anniversary of the landmark Roe v. Wade decision, and that makes it National Blog for Choice Day. I wrote this last year; I don't think I can say it any better this year, so check it out.

I will add that I remember this day 35 years ago. I never imagined that this would still be an issue all these years later.

I used to have a bumper sticker that said "Pro-family Pro-Choice" I still am.

3 comments:

Jules said...

I marked the day over at my place, too.

Random Thinker said...

His ideas?

ccw said...

Very well said.

When I was growing up, my grandmother kept a policitcal cartoon on the fridge that had a woman asking an older, white male what he would do if his pregnancy test came up positive. That always stayed with me and it angers me that all these years later men are still writing and passing (or trying to pass) laws that have little or no bearing on their lives.