~I'm headed to the big city tomorrow right after church for this. I'm really looking forward to it--both the city and the conference, but getting ready to travel always makes me feel anxious, to the point that I start to dread the trip. Once I'm on my way I'm fine, but right up until that point I feel like I can't possibly get everything done that I need to.
~I'm taking the train from Beantown to NYC tomorrow. Normally I take the bus, but on Sundays it takes two hours longer than normal. Since I have continuing ed funds to pay for this trip, I'm treating myself to the train. Not only will I get there faster, but I can also read and use my laptop on the train which I can't do on the bus. For some reason I am much more prone to motion sickness in cars and buses than I am on trains. I still have to take the bus from here to Beantown, but that isn't too bad.
~I really dislike packing. I always try to pack lightly, but I usually take too much anyway. And I'm always afraid I'm going to forget something important. Like I can't get whatever it is in the city if I really need it....
~I'll be blogging from the city, and you may get pictures, too.
4 comments:
Enjoy!!! And I have similar issues getting ready to leave...
Have fun while you're here! I really hope you brought your heaviest coat! I'm going to take today as an opportunity to clean my house and read graduate student apps, because it's 26 degrees outside and apparently feels like 6, so I have decided I don't need to take advantage of the city today.
I'm so jealous! I've really been missing NYC lately. I wish we'd taken greater advantage of our proximity before we moved.
I didn't think that I got trainsick until we traveled by train in Italy a few years ago. I spent the trip from Rome to Florence starting out the window at the gorgeous countryside and by the time we arrived I was so ill that our first night there was totally ruined. That evening, I had to leave the restaurant for fear of being sick during dinner, and I remember that the waiter asked my husband if we were getting divorced.... :-)
can't wait to see you! safe travels.
Post a Comment