~Today should have been a better day. It was my day off, and I slept in--all the way til 9:30--which may have been part of the problem because when I sleep that late, no matter how good it feels to stay snuggled under the covers, it seems to throw my whole day out of sync.
~I had a number of things I needed to get done, and I only accomplished a few of them. It felt like I was mired in sticky molasses or something....everything seemed slow and effortful.
~One of the things I had to do was get ready for the men's group I meet with every other Tuesday. It fell to me to bring the breakfast this week (when I began meeting with this group they told me I'd never have to cook, but someone had to cancel for a medical reason, so I took the day), which meant I had to think of something to have, and set up. Normally whoever brings the breakfast just sets up when they get there, but since I have to do the service, too, it seemed wise to set up today. And we're starting a video series tomorrow so I needed to set up the projector and DVD player, too. Because if I waited til tomorrow it surely wouldn't work. All of this isn't bad, it just weighed on me today that I had to get it done.
~And the rest of the week promises to be busy as well. I don't mind being busy, but I do mind feeling like I'm behind before I ever start.
~And so, I was just grumpy all day. I don't like feeling that way, and I don't like feeling like I wasted my day off being that way. But there it is.
~I still have a couple of things to do before bed.
~But I promise to be better tomorrow.
1 comment:
Hang in there!
Post a Comment