Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Train blogging 3

On the way home at last. I continue to be amazed by how many people are traveling by train these days. Every train I've been on has been full. I didn't get a sleeper car for the trip home which I sort of regret, but I can generally sleep any time, any where so it should be ok.

This whole trip feels a little surreal at this point. The CREDO conference I attended far exceeded my expectations, and then my visit with my mother was totally unlike anything I could've foreseen. Before I left for the train today she let me take her to Starbucks--about a 6 block walk each way. I think the curbs made her nervous in her chair, but the neighborhood is pretty accessible and it went fine.

I've tried not to let work intrude while I've been away but I haven't been 100% successful. I have to hire a new parish administrator and my attempt to post an ad on craigslist failed not once but twice. I'm wondering if the second failure had something to do with me trying to od fit from my iPad--it shouldn't but I just discovered the other day that email isn't sending correctly. Eh. And I have a whole slew of meetings to deal with, to say nothing of sermons etc.

But it is getting quiet now and I'm going to try to sleep.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm having email troubles on my iPad, too. It doesn't pick up every mail. I don't get it. I'm just saying...

I've been following your journey and I'm glad it has been so good. How often are things better than expected?