...but still bad enough.
The mid-term elections, that is.
I am mightily relieved that we don't have the (former) head of WWE wrestling as our senator--what an embarrassment that would have been. She spent something over $40 million on her campaign, about $15 million from her own pockets, and yet dared to say in her ads that she "understood" how regular folks live....really?
I'm also relieved that some of the most rabid Tea Partiers lost as well--like the nutcase running in Delaware.
But elsewhere, things look more grim. I guess I should have known that all our optimism of two years ago would evaporate before it came to anything. I don't blame Obama so much. I haven't agreed with everything he's done, but for the most part, he's done as well as he could with what he's got to work with. And the economic mess we're mired in isn't his doing--he was just left holding the bag. Not sure it's going to get any better any time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment