I've been here at the conference center since Monday evening.It's a great conference--one where our every need seems to be anticipated and taken care of. We are working hard, but we are also well feed- three delicious meals a day , chocolate and healthy snacks in the meeting rooms, wine and snacks at the close of the evening session. I feel quite pampered.
It's easy to forget about the 'real' world out there. I realized tonight that I haven't even glanced at the news since I arrived--no New York Times, no NPR, nothing. it's not for lack of opportunity. I have my iPad and iPhone ( and indeed we are a wired bunch; there are 22 of us and at least half a dozen iPads, and many, many iPhones here. is it a bad thing to feel completely insulated foam whatever is going on out there?
1 comment:
Sounds wonderful; I say enjoy it while it lasts. The real world will push its way to the fore soon enough.
Post a Comment