Monday, January 29, 2007

My kitchen window

On the left, my kitchen window as it looked until this morning. Although this picture doesn't show it, it's the sunniest place in the house. Since I got internet access in the kitchen, I spend a lot of time sitting at the table with my computer


The picture on the right is my kitchen window as it looked a few minutes ago. If this were Wednesday this might be a whine/anti-whine post over at Phantom's, but since it's Monday, I'll just do it here:

Whine: It's 26F outside and they're taking out my window!
Anti-whine: They're taking out my window and by tonight I'll have my new.bay.window!!

All the windows in my house were replaced before I moved in, except this large kitchen window (which was also the only window not original from when the house was built). I loved the view from this window, but the outside of the window was quite rotten, and it's been slated to be replaced for the last year. But with one thing and another it is just now happening. And they are replacing it with a bay window with a window seat--something I've always wanted to have.

Updates later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait to see the picture and to blog the next time we're down!

jo(e) said...

A bay window with a window seat! I've always wanted that too. I could just spend my day staring out the window ....

Anonymous said...

Me too! Me too! I've always wanted a bay window with window seat. Am the jealous.

And with our renovations here in the land of 15 degrees Farenheit, I hear you on the WHY ARE WE REPLACING WINDOWS AND DOORS RIGHT NOW?! feeling.

Billie said...

Oh, a window seat sounds wonderful!

Yankee, Transferred said...

I would love to have a bay window with a window seat! The Attorney and I have great goals for the back of the house, once all the kids are gone and on their own.

Snickollet said...

Add me to the list of people who would love to have a bay window with window seat. I can't wait to see how it turns out!