Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday again

~It's Friday again, and for the second Friday in a row I worked part of the day instead of taking a full day off. And for the second Friday in a row I had a headache and felt blah. Could these two things be related?
~My office is being painted (yay!) and that means that all my books have been piled in the middle of the floor. My bookshelves are finished and so I went in today to put all the books away. Of course, it morphed into more that--way more.
~It's COLD here. Finally. I wanted winter so I won't complain, but it is really cold. My new bay window in the kitchen was supposed to be installed yesterday and today, but the carpenter decided that two of the coldest days of the winter mght not be the best time. Meanwhile, I'm sitting in front of the old one and it is drafty.
~It's also very windy...I can hear it and feel it as I write.
~Ironically on a day off that wasn't really off, the RGP Friday Five is about renewal: name four ways you relax or give yourself a break, and one self-care dream, something you'd love to do but haven't been able yet. Here's mine: 1) blogging--both reading and writing 2) curling up with a good book 3) hiring someone to clean the house every two weeks 4) taking a real vacation --last summer was the first time I'd really done that and it was great. And my dream--one small-a regular pedicure; and one large-a trip to England and Scotland.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

About that small dream--go for it! And the big one, too!!

chartreuseova said...

Escaping into the world of a good book is kinda like taking a mini-vacation, isn't it. And you don't have to deal with airports, lost luggage, or the expense.

Scotland sounds like a nice place for a real vacation, though.

AAYOR said...

We were just talking last night about the p/t cleaning person. We had one in Tiny Town and it really did make life a little easier.

Of course, Spouse wants someone who will come every other DAY... or possibly more often. Maybe even live here. Do you think that Alice from the Brady Bunch is available?

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting to England and Scotland since you don't fly! But if you do go, can I come too?? :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm going to scold you: Take your day off! Rest. Read your book. Read some blogs. Get yourself out of your office. I know, I'm just the little seminarian, spouting idealistic dreams of the priesthood from her couch. But, still, all the priests I've met talk about how important it is to honor your day off, so do it girl!