Saturday, January 20, 2007

Just words for a change

In the form of random weekend snippets...

~The sun is out! The sky is blue! It feels like it has been gray and gloomy around here forever. It finally got seasonably cold this week, so I was hopeful we might have snow, but no, on the coldest days it was just gray, and on the days the temperature rose above freezing it rained. Blah. It is supposed to be cold for the next few days; perhaps we'll see some snow.

~I worked yesterday on my day off because there were things that just had to be done. But in return I am NOT working today even though there was an activity I was slated to attend. I was dragging yesterday--headachy and just not with it--but today after a good night's sleep I feel energetic and I'm happy to have the day off. And I've already done two loads of laundry and cooked myself a real breakfast. Not bad for a little after 10 on Saturday morning.

~I've finally done something I've talked about doing for years--hired someone to clean the house every two weeks. She cleaned right before Christmas and it was wonderful. It forced me to deal with some clutter beforehand and it was so nice to have sparkley clean house without stressing about it. So I decided to keep it up. Her first regular day is Tuesday; since it's been a month since she was here there is more decluttering to do, but if I know she is coming every two weeks maybe I won't let mail and other stuff pile up. Maybe. And hopefully this will not strain the budget too much.

~I'm loving posting pictures for Project 365. But I need to get out of the house and take some pictures. I'm not sure how many more pictures of what is on my bookshelves I can do! I'm wondering, too, if I should move the pix to a separate blog like the other Project 365ers are doing. I'm also pretty sure that all this picture taking is going to fuel my desire for an even better camera.

~I've not read much poetry since I was a child. Not sure why; perhaps the way it was taught in school ruined it for me. But my friend D posted this on her blog the other day and it really spoke to me. I love having friends who expand my horizons, and D is a friend who often does that.

~The dryer has stopped and if I'm going to maintain any momentum today, I should go and fold what's in it. Happy Saturday everyone.

5 comments:

chichimama said...

Happy Saturday to you as well! Enjoy your day off, and the house cleaner!

Anonymous said...

Happy Saturdday, Mom! Enjoy your day off. I know it's well deserved.

Unknown said...

I'm torn. I sort of like my 365 template, but I feel pressured to perform!

Snickollet said...

I love, love, love having someone clean my house for me. That's money very well spent. Enjoy the sparkling clean house. Hope your Saturday was lots of fun.

susan said...

I really love those bookshelf pictures, so I hope you don't abandon them entirely.

I was reluctant to get a housecleaner, but now that we have one, I love it. Makes it easier for me to focus on keeping the house organized.