5:45 am Alarm goes off as it always does; I turn it off without really waking up
7:15 am Cell phone alarm goes off because this seems like a reasonable time to get up. I hit snooze once, then again, finally just turn it off
8:57 am Wake with a start remembering that I was supposed to open the garage for a delivery (my!new!bay!window!) that was supposed to come Friday but they left it at the church instead(!)
9:05 am Go into bathroom to begin my morning ablutions
9:06 am Phone rings. It is always an occasion for scrambling when the landline rings because the Kid is apt to leave the handsets anywhere but where they belong.
9:07 am Answer phone. Could I go down to the church and unlock the door so that the delivery people can retrieve the window, and oh, would I mind just staying there since the office is closed for MLK day and there ought to be someone there when the door is unlocked. I agree to unlock the door but not to stay.
9:12 am I return to the bathroom to begin my morning ablutions
9:13 am The doorbell rings. It's someone from church who needs to be let into the kitchen because the key the office gave her on Friday (in order to avoid just such a scenario) doesn't work. I give her my keys.
9:45 am Having finally brushed my teeth and washed my face and put on some jeans I walk down to the church to retrieve my keys and to unlock the other door for the guys who need to retrieve my window. Since I'm there anyway I go in my office and print some things to work on for tormorrow.
10:20 am Back home, thinking I will have a latte, I put some milk on the stove to heat.
10:22 am Phone rings. The window won't be picked up til tomorrow. Could I go back down to the church and relock the door?
10:23 am Milk boils all over the burner.
Oy.
No comments:
Post a Comment