Monday, July 21, 2008

New floors...


~but no plumbing!

~Last week the old floor was ripped out of two bathrooms and lovely new tile installed. But when the plumber came to reinstall the toilets, he was a bit aghast at what he found. Seems like 70+ year old lead pipes are not easy to reseal toilets on. So we are in a holding pattern while they figure out how extensive the plumbing repairs will have to be. And since they weren't included in the budget it will be painful.

~Thankfully I'm not the one who's paying. One of the many reasons I don't mind not owning my own house at this point.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

well the floor looks fab

What Now? said...

Um, do you all have a toilet in the meantime?

ccw said...

The floor looks great! I hope you have toilets soon.

Rev Dr Mom said...

Yes, the good news is that we have two other bathrooms not being worked on:) I would not be so calm about it otherwise, believe me!