~I multi-tasked today. Started the day by getting up early to write my sermon. Went down to church around noon for a funeral and lunch for homeless people we host once a quarter. Came home to finish the sermon around 2, and back to church at 4 to get ready for the 5:00 service.
~The woman I buried today was 103. Actually, she is the second centenarian whose funeral I've presided at this summer. Amazing.
~I marvel when I read about other clergy who do normal things on Saturday--you know, like farmer's markets and picnics and shopping. I do occasionally have Saturdays off, but nonetheless I think I've forgotten what 'normal' Saturdays are like
~That is not a total complaint--I have no desire to return to the kind of Saturdays I had when I was teaching and I felt like I had to get all the cleaning/shopping/laundry done the same day. Nope, don't miss that. (Note that I rarely actually DID get it all done the same day).
~Tomorrow I think I shall take a long clergy Sunday nap. I'm just saying.
1 comment:
Oh I so hear you about Saturdays. I am two, count'em, TWO blocks from the most delightful farmer's market...haven't been there in months; if it isn't a wedding it's a funeral...or both! Arrgh!
Post a Comment