Monday, July 07, 2008

Church geekiness

~A couple of friends from my field placement church in NYC are here for a couple of days. It's been fun catching up. But the level of church geekiness has been high, very high. Not since seminary have my conversations been so filled with talk of the 39 articles, proper vestments, liturgical styles, incense, pastoral dilemmas, and the like--and maybe not even then. I'm just saying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might be admitting too much here... but that sounds like fun! :-)

Sophia said...

When my class and I first arrived here we all plunged headlong into a seemingly bottomless well of church geekiness... :-)

Thankfully we occasionally manage to find other topics of conversation these days, but wow, sometimes...

Julie said...

My husband mentioned recently how when clergy are all together we just head straight into the depths of clergy talk leaving everyone else in our dust. The sad thing is, we don't even really know that we are doing it. Sigh.