1. How important is the "big picture" to you, do you need a glimpse of the possibilities or are you a details person?
~I am most definitely a big picture person. I need to see the picture, and I think my ability to grasp the big picture in a discussion is one of the gifts I bring. But in the job I'm in now I've learned that I can attend to the details; in fact, I frequently am the clergy person who does so. Having the context of the big picture is essential for me, though, to attend to the details. Context is everything I guess.
2. If the big picture is important to you how do you hold onto it in the nitty gritty details of life?
~Stepping back to see the big picture is what helps keep me sane in the moment. So when I get really frazzled by the details I try to take a minute, stop and breathe, and think about the big picture. And honestly, it's just how my mind works. Remembering all the details is much harder.
3. Name a book, poem, psalm, piece of music that transports to to another dimension (one....what am I thinking....)
Hard question. People who went to my seminary will most understand this answer, but hearing "King of glory, king of peace" particularly when the descant is sung transports me to a good place.
Hard question. People who went to my seminary will most understand this answer, but hearing "King of glory, king of peace" particularly when the descant is sung transports me to a good place.
4. Thinking of physical views, is there somewhere that inspires you, somewhere that you breathe more easily?
At the top of the hill in the city by the lake, looking over the lake, especially on a bright sunny day (summer or winter).
Conversely, walking the streets in NYC, not going any place in particular, just seeing the city around me, or sitting a my favorite table at my favorite coffee shop in the city, watching the world go by.
At the top of the hill in the city by the lake, looking over the lake, especially on a bright sunny day (summer or winter).
Conversely, walking the streets in NYC, not going any place in particular, just seeing the city around me, or sitting a my favorite table at my favorite coffee shop in the city, watching the world go by.
5. A picture opportunity... one way to get the view... (not the picture I really have in mind, but it will have to do for now.)
7 comments:
Ah, General Grads! But I love that hymn too even tho I went to the one a bit farther north!
It took me a minute to find the dinosaur. :) I like a vista view too.
d
General Theological Seminary? Across the street from me. I love the dinosaur taking a ride!
Actually, that is Champ, the lake monster of Lake Champlain, and it is a separate balloon, although you can't tell it in this picture very well.
Love the picture!
Love the picture. 20 or so years ago, my father took his mother, who was fascinated by flight, up in a hot air balloon. After her death in April, my aunt gave me copies of the pictures from that trip. She loved the view from up in the air.
Great picture and I'm with you on the big picture. Where are you in New England. I currently live in RI. Peace.
Post a Comment