Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm so ready for my vacation

~but alas, it's still over a month away.

~When I came home tonight I thought of a seminary friend who rented a house for herself on a well known island, and I though how lovely it would be to have such a house and to be there all alone.

~But the truth is, as lovely as it sounded, that 's not really how I want to spend my vacation. We'll go to Maine again, and spend some time with friends, which I'm really looking forward to, and hopefully also spend sometime with NSLS, Baby J, Mr. LS and WW. That's the tentative plan, anyway--just have to work out the timing.

~Actually, I've been home alone all week anyway to a certain extent. The Kid finished school on Monday, and has worked every night this week. And I've worked long days every day so we sort of pass each other as he leaves and I get home or don't see each other at all til he gets off. It's been a really exhausting week at work, and although I had sworn to myself that I would take a walk each night, what I've actually done is eat a Lean Kuisine for dinner and watch old episodes of Grey's Anatomy. Pathetic, huh? Pure escapism.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Any chance we can meet up this time?

Rev Dr Mom said...

SB, let's try!