as seen at Songbird's place...
1. What first tells you that Summer is here?
~Where I live now....temperatures finally getting into the 70s and the arrival of the tourists.
2. Name five of your favorite distinctively Summer habits or customs.
~Keeping the windows open
~Eating fresh corn and tomatoes and blueberries every chance I get
~Wearing sandals
~Painting my toenails
~Buying fresh flowers at the farmer's market
3. What is your favorite smell of Summer?
~ Lilacs
4.What is your favorite taste of Summer?
~Fresh vine ripe tomatoes...a tomato sandwich with mayonnaise and salt and pepper
5. Favorite Summer memory?
~Spending a week a the beach with my family when my kids were little; Fourth of July in Vermont; Central Park in early summer; the greenmarket in Union Square and the farmer's market in VT, NSLS's June wedding, ....okay, that's more than one but it's hard to choose.
6. Extreme heat or extreme cold? Which would you choose and why?
~Extreme cold--it's much easier to get warm than it is to get cool. I've lived where it is routinely 95 degrees with 95% humidity, and I don't miss it!
7. What books do you plan to read for the season?
~The next Julia Spencer Fleming mystery, and some of the many books piled up around my house.
8. How does the Summer affect your faith? Is it a hindrance or an ally?
~Attendance goes down at church and the pace is much slower--but I guess that's not the question. Summer is the first part of that long stretch of "ordinary" time -- no big holy days, no penitential seasons, or times of special celebration, more time just to be. That's a good thing, I think.
Now it's your turn...
2 comments:
I just love tomato sandwiches! But it takes a while to get the homegrown ones here. We have to wait for everything!
No kidding about waiting for the tomatoes! It's not til at least mid-August: one of the few downsides I can think of about living in New England!
Post a Comment