~So last night I was in a really really bad mood, and I started writing a post KNOWING I would never publish it, at least not in that form. I was just dumping stuff out with the idea that I would delete most of it if I ever decided to publish part of it. But then I pressed publish instead of save. Yikes. I knew immediately that I'd messed up. So I deleted the whole thing. It couldn't have been up more than 30 seconds, a minute at the most.
~My question is this: when I do something like that, does it still go out to people's feeds? Cause if it did, I'm really really embarrassed. Really.
8 comments:
It didn't show up today in bloglines ... I don't know if it would have been there if I checked last night.
it was in my google feed this morning.
I got it in Google Reader this morning.
Nothing to be embarrassed about as far as *I'm* concerned, for the record.
I'm not seeing it (unless you're worrying about the ground hog in missed photo op).
I should start using google reader so I can see people's embarrassing posts!
Just kidding. It doesn't show up in bloglines, though. And I suspect that one workaround if you do that is not to delete the post, but to replace it with benign content. If the post exists in google-world for whatever reason, it may not go away, but if you quickly replace the content, it may be that the later content is the only thing that shows.
Whew, I'll make sure I don't make that mistake!
Ianqui is right... It goes through google reader. Deleting the post doesn't make it go away. But replacing the post with a blank does make it disappear.
(I didn't think it was embarrassing...perhaps not prudent to publish, but bot embarrassing).
Thanks, everyone. I guess I learned *that* lesson.
Post a Comment