1) Do you think of summer as a particularly good season for reading? Why or why not?
I always used to. As a kid I spent lots of time during the summer going to the library and devouring books. Later when I was in school or teaching summer was the ideal time to read because I had more free time. Now, however, summer doesn't feel very different from the rest of the year in terms of having time to read.
2) Have you ever fallen asleep reading on the beach?
Yes, dozed off, anyway. But I loved to read on the beach. Or at the pool while the kids were swimming.
3) Can you recall a favorite childhood book read in the summertime?
Truthfully nothing stands out in memory ....um, I read Michner's Hawaii during the summer when I was in high school. And I read The Exorcist sitting on the beach because I was too creeped out to read it at home...but technically speaking, that wasn't childhood anymore.
4) Do you have a favorite genre for light or relaxing reading?
Good stories. I love novels with a little drama, a little romance, and a happy ending. Things like Evensong by Gail Godwin, or the Julia Spencer Fleming mysteries. Also historical fiction.
5) What is the next book on your reading list?
I have a whole stack of work-related books to read, but I don't have a novel picked out since I just finished reading the last Julia Spencer Fleming book. Maybe a trip to Borders is in order :) Or maybe I should tackle all those work-related books....
2 comments:
Are you interested in that Kate Braestrup book? I have a copy, but I'm going to get it on my Kindle, so I would be happy to share it, maybe when we get together? Which we will do, I swear!
crap. now i'm going to have to get that JSF book. you know i think she's just awful--all that cheating episcopal priest nonsense (not that we didn't have our share of adultery in our class!). but i can't stop reading it!!!
Post a Comment