Monday, January 05, 2009

Pajama day

Now that the Christmas craziness is over, and before we get to Lent, I'm trying to get back in the habit of actually taking all my days off. So this morning I slept in and after checking some blogs and the news, and fielded some emails from work that really required a response (and threatened to put me in a bad mood, but I talked myself out of it) I decided to watch a movie while I folded the pile of clean laundry that I've been moving from place to place the last couple of days. So I watched "Mystic Pizza" (which I'd never seen--and holy cow, the 80s look--somethings are better left behind!) Around noon, still in my pjs, I thought about taking a shower and getting dressed--and then thought, "Why?" I didn't have to go anywhere and I was perfectly comfy the way I was. So I declared the day an official pajama day.

Nonetheless I was remarkably productive in a low key way. I did more laundry (not sure how the two of us make so much dirty laundry these days), made a pot of soup in the crock pot, and sorted and straightened up and organized things I'd been neglecting. I even made this:

It looks really good, but it was something of an experiment. Someone gave me a dried fruit tray that really wasn't very good (and given who gave it, I know exactly where it came from, but we won't go there). I love dried fruit, but much of it was just too hard to eat. I threw some of it away, but the whole bottom layer was dried apples which although pretty unappetizing the way they were, seemed to have some potential. So I decided to rehydrate them and make a pie. They tasted pretty good before I put them in the crust, so I think the pie will be good too. I think the apples must've kept expanding in the oven though, the way the crust is puffed up and broken.

I promised myself another movie after I do a few more straightening up things; maybe I'll have pie with the movie.

6 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

mmmm... pie!

kathy a. said...

it looks pretty darned good! and good for you, taking a PJ day.

Marmoset said...

Mystic pizza and pie...sounds life the best day off ever! I know 80's fashion was bad but I remember thinking how glamorous they all were at the time (tbh I was 0-9 in the 80's so fairly impressionable!).

chichimama said...

Looks good to me!!! And good for you for having a pajama day! We had several of them over Christmas break, and having to get dressed again is hard for all of us today!

OneTiredEma said...

Sounds like a nice day! We've had a bunch of almost-pajama days (going out at 4pm necessitates a change of clothes).

And pie! And Julia Roberts before she was really famous! Lili Taylor! Good stuff!

Unknown said...

So how was it? It looks delicious.