Saturday, September 06, 2008

Waiting for the storm

~The hurricane tracker on weather.com says Hanna should pass through here between Sunday am and Sunday pm, but the forecast for tomorrow is partly cloudy, so I'm assuming that means it will go by tonight in the wee hours. We had some heavy rain this morning, but since then it's just been hot and muggy. The wind is starting to pick up a little now, but it's still just a strong breeze. The weather map shows rain all around us, so I'm sure it will be here soon.

~I'm hoping we don't loose power, but I'm also trying to be realistic: we almost always lose power when there is a storm with lots of wind. So we'll see. At least my sermon is written and printed. All too often we have lost power when I am working on it, and that is a time for panic! And my laptop and phone are charged. (Priorities, after all...). And we have a few things we can eat without cooking, if need be.

~I'm wondering if I need to go out and move things around in the garage to make room for the car. In the winter I always keep the car inside, but this summer, with workpeople in and out, the garage has gotten to be a bigger mess than usual, and which means no room for the car. Eh, we'll see what it's like when I pick the Kid up from work in an hour or so.

~I'm very grateful I'm not getting ready for Ike instead of Hanna! Hurricanes are nasty creatures, no doubt about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's raining hard here, with flood watches all over the place. The last heavy rain storm caused flooding all around Freeport (not so much in Portland) so I wonder if it will impact church tomorrow.
Hope you keep your power!

Rev Dr Mom said...

From the weather map it looks like you've been getting LOTS more rain than we have--we've been in this open spot for a bit, but I think it's starting to rain now. Hope you don't get too much flooding.