Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Random bits of ....well, just random bits

~I should just put a sticky post up that says work is crazy because, well, it is. And I don't see it changing any time soon.

~Wow, it's chilly tonight. I closed most of the windows and I have on my sweatshirt and furry slippers with my pjs. Another reminder that fall is upon us.

~The Kid comes home every day with new bits of "senior year" stuff- to take care off-senior pictures, signing up to retake the SAT, reference letters for college apps, fundraisers for his trip in January. Hard to imagine that this time next year he will be at college and I will have an empty next. More to come about that, I'm sure.

~And did I tell you about his trip in January? He's going on a school trip to the inauguration. Let's just hope the right person is being inaugurated. Hint: no lipstick. No pit bulls, either.

~I got a Christmas catalog in the mail today. I am not ready to think about Christmas.

~Like pretty much everyone else, I am tired of campaign commentary. And also worried about the outcome. Very, very worried.

~I've had a couple of substantive posts floating around in my head (yes, really!) if only I could muster the energy to produce them...

~After saying I was going to bed early last night, it was still after midnight. Likely to be the same tonight. I can't seem to help myself. All these years I've thought I was more of a morning person--maybe I'm not.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to figure out something about Senior pictures, and I don't know how we can do it from so far away. Thanks for the reminder!

Derek the Ænglican said...

You're being so narrow-minded! Biden might look really cute with a good shade of lipstick... :-D

kathy a. said...

senior year sure can get busy, especially the first semester. that is great about your son's trip in january!

this campaign season has lasted too long. especially the last couple of weeks. i'm sick about the newest person to a ticket, sick of the commentary. i want this election to be about issues, and am mortified that it may not be.