~Yesterday morning after the Kid left for school I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep. And proceeded to have a dream that was both lovely and unsettling in its loveliness. Hard to describe, but when I woke up it was with a sense of deep yearning and a feeling of being slightly--well, the word that came to mind at the time was unhinged. Not in the sense of mental instability, more in the sense of being thrown out of equilibrium, normal order being upset.
~I don't often analyze my dreams. I know that I've had some dreams in my life that have felt significant, but far more often my dreams are random or reflect some aspect of my daily life. I have some recurring dreams, too, that are stress related. But this dream was different. I'm not wont to look for Jungian symbols or Freudian themes. I do wonder though if this dream was related to feelings about my life that I'm slow to acknowledge.
~All this sounds slightly more mysterious than it really is, although I don't feel like talking about the details of the dream. But I will be thinking about it for a while.
~How about you? Do you remember your dreams? Do you analyze them?
2 comments:
I almost always dream about people I've met, do not know well, and would like to get to know better.
Rarely do I dream about strangers or people that I am close to.
As for the circumstances of what we're doing in the dream, I rarely remember much detail, and when I do, it never seems to be of much consequence.
If someone whom I haven't seen in a very long time pops up in a dream, I always try to get in touch with them to make sure they are OK. Sometimes long dead people will show up and then I have to figure out why they are there. The odd combinations of people from various segments of my life also give me pause.
I remember dreams well. There are some that leave me unsettled for the entire day, there are some that when I wake up I am upset or angry and there are occasionally ones that make me laugh hard enough that I wake myself up.
Someone a long time ago told me that other people in my dreams are parts of myself. I can believe it.
When I travel, I do end up dreaming in the foreign language (Spanish or French) of the country.
Post a Comment