~I've been trying to get over my knee-jerk reaction to Sarah Palin, and to learn more about her values and positions on the issues. It's been interesting, but it's not making me like her any more than I did. This op-ed piece (with lots of links) pretty much says it all. But if you still want more, here's a piece from the Boston Globe.
All I can say is having Palin a heartbeat from the presidency is not something I want to consider.
5 comments:
Gotta love the Boston Op-Ed. Thanks for drawing my attention to it. (Seriously. Making back-up plans for a move to Canada post-Advent. Surely Judy Newman's got a sweet guesthouse...)
very good post.
I feel a little more troubled each day by all this.
I read an article by Gloria Steinem last week that I think is mis-titled....
It (voting for palin as a feminist statement) is like amputating your legs because someone stole your shoes.
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-steinem4-2008sep04,0,7915118.story
I quoted the same op-ed piece today. It was a pretty good sum of all the parts...
Post a Comment