Monday, September 15, 2008

Being productive...

~I've been so busy at work ever since vacation ended that in the evenings I've just sort of collapsed and done nothing. Which is alright in the moment, but eventually makes me feel like a slug. So the last few days I've been trying to do more non-sluggish things.

~Saturday night the Kid and I baked 8 dozen cookies-- four dozen orange chocolate chip and four dozen oatmeal raisin chocolate chick--for Sunday's ministry fair. Of course we sampled some and they were tres delicious! It's just as well there were no leftovers to bring home---I would've been hard pressed to stay out of them. It did make me want to bake some more. I haven't baked much in years!

~This afternoon when I got home from work, I finished going through the piles of mail that accumulated while I was on vacation--so much mail, so little substance. And stacked up all the (months worth 0f) recycling in the garage for the person who takes it to the dump for me.

~And at work today I updated the web site, something I fear I don't do as frequently as I should, and I worked on service leaflets for our two new services that will begin this weekend.

~Tonight we planned meals for the next week and bought the necessary groceries. In a moment I need to finish straightening things up for the cleaning person who comes tomorrow. And then I'm going to bed--I'm tired. But it has felt good to be a bit more productive.

No comments: