Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Incoherent thoughts

~Long day at work--mostly productive, but long as we get ready to start the "program year" next week--a program year that includes two new services, and a vastly reduced staff. More long days to come, I'm sure.

~The Kid is taking AP Spanish and he has about 9000 vocabulary words to learn. Pages and pages of them. Suffice it to say that I might not remember any Spanish grammar, but I am learning some vocab with him as I quiz him each day on the words he needs to know for the next day.

~Where has all the excitement about Obama gone, all the hopefulness? Has Sarah Palin's nomination really sucked it all away?

~I read an interesting piece about her lack of interviews. No doubt they don't want to turn her loose until they sufficiently program her response. Cynical? Yep.

~Now I am going to close the computer and go to bed (relatively) early. Really. I know I say that all the time and then I sit here and read more or think of "one more thing" that I need to do b4 bed. But really, I'm going to bed...right now.

3 comments:

kathy a. said...

isn't that one of the glories of kids? you learn all kinds of stuff they have to learn [maybe the second time, but it means more]. glad he is letting you quiz him.

i'm still excited about obama. just tired, already, of all the other stuff.

Anonymous said...

funny you should say that about Palin.. she kind of reminds me of the Stepford wives.

chichimama said...

I was thinking the same thing about Obama. Sigh. Hopefully he will find away to re-energize the campaign. As while he was not my first choice, I am horrified at the alternative.