Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Random bits of the day before Thanksgiving

~This was one of those days that just got away from me. I had a plan, I knew what had to be done, but everything took longer --LOTS longer--than I anticipated. Of course, the list is not finished, but close enough for today. I rushed out of work just in time to get to the bank about two minutes before it closed. Which is a good thing, trust me.

~Tonight was our community ecumenical Thanksgiving. Where I live is sort of the heart of Thanksgiving land, and the church where the service was held is the oldest Congregational church meeting house in the world today. With all that, you'd think the service would be packed--but it wasn't. Nonetheless, it was a nice service, with a reflection focused on what our kids ought to be learning about Thanksgiving in school. My part was minimal, but I enjoyed participating more than I had anticipated.

~A few years ago, NSLS made pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving, and it was teh awesome. I had planned to make a pie this year, but at the last minute decided to try the cheesecake. I haven't made cheesecake in years, so we'll see tomorrow if this is a good idea or not.

~It's really hard to cook Thanksgiving for just two people--I mean, you can justify 4 or 5 side dishes if there is going to be a crowd. But for just us? Not so much. Although I laid in broccoli, green beans, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and white potatoes. We don't have to eat it all tomorrow, right?

~Check in tomorrow for the final menu :)

~ I think this is the first time we've had Thanskgiving at home since my last year in seminary. I'll miss seeing family, but in a way it's nice to be home.

No comments: