~This is the time of year when I start to get really grumpy. I don't want to, I don't mean to, but it usually happens. I have a bad history with Christmas, and even though the last few years have had lovely holidays, this time of year still gets me down.
~Last year I swore that I would shop and decorate earlier this year, and to that end I've been thinking about Christmas presents. Last week we had to go to the mall for the Kid to get some new earphones, and while I was there I saw something that I thought might be a good Christmas present for someone in the family. So today I went back to get it--but of course they were all out and don't know when or if they'll get more. Even when I try to shop early I'm thwarted (although I guess by many people's standards, this isn't early.)
~We're having a low key Thanksgiving--just me and the Kid. And that's really okay with me. We'll cook Thursday and then eat leftovers the rest of the weekend, because I'm sure we'll cook way more than any two people need. I like cooking Thanksgiving dinner and since Thursday is the only day I really have off I'm fine with just staying home.
~The dryer just stopped--as soon as I get the Kid's fleece out of it I'm going to bed--maybe I'll even get there before midnight!
4 comments:
I'm sad we won't see you for Thanksgiving this year. :( Hope you have an ok week!
Could the elusive item you saw at the mall be found online?
Have a happy Thanksgiving. Low-key and leftovers all weekend sounds divine to me.
i'm with the parents now. they just bought a (get this) 52 inch TV and they're fighting trying to figure out how to use it...welcome to the holidays!!
my dad bought a 14 pound turkey--not for thanksgiving (my aunt lynn takes care of that for the communal meal), but just to try to make it. so we'll cook it tomorrow and i'm not sure when we'll eat it--maybe parts of the day on thursday? and then i leave on friday. so he and mom will have it for the weekend--except she's a vegetarian....holidays...
ps: what used to be the guest room is now the TV room!! so no "room of her own," but just more fun with family!!
Post a Comment