
~Posting early before a busy, busy day...the title of this F5 tickled me because we did indeed call the comics "the funnies" when I was a kid.
1. What was your favorite comic strip as a child?
~Dick Tracy, Dondi, Peanuts
2. Which comic strip today most consistently tickles your funny bone?
~Doonesbury, For Better or For Worse
~FBoFW has just ended its run of new pieces, sadly. It eerily parallels my own life in some ways: Michael and Elizabeth are close in age to my own older children, and April is only a few months older than the Kid. So I could always identify with the family things going on
~Doonesbury, For Better or For Worse
~FBoFW has just ended its run of new pieces, sadly. It eerily parallels my own life in some ways: Michael and Elizabeth are close in age to my own older children, and April is only a few months older than the Kid. So I could always identify with the family things going on
3. Which Peanuts character is closest to being you?
Ummmm, Linus, I think.
Ummmm, Linus, I think.
4. Some say that comic strips have replaced philosophy as a paying job, so to speak. Does this ring true with you?
I think there is some truth in that. I appreciate the subtle and often ironic ways the philosophical points are made, too.
5. What do you think the appeal is for the really long running comic strips like Blondie, Family Circus, Dennis the Menace as some examples?
I don't read any of those anymore, but I guess they do have a timelessness--and show how somethings never really change, which is comforting in a way.
Bonus question: Which discontinued comic strip would you like to see back in print?
Calvin and Hobbes, without a doubt. One of my all time favorites.
Bonus question: Which discontinued comic strip would you like to see back in print?
Calvin and Hobbes, without a doubt. One of my all time favorites.
4 comments:
Me, too, on the Calvin and Hobbes!
Calvin and Hobbes and Far Side are the two main picks to come back. If only.
Thanks for playing!
Question 5, I would say they have no appeal since I don't read them anymore. They stay the same all the time, never changing. Life is not so static. And I do not understand why so many read them - they bore me to tears.
I thought I would be the only one to remember Dondi!
Post a Comment