It's Labor Day weekend, and in New England that definitely marks the end of summer. In honor of that, here's a RGBP Friday 5 on season's change.
1. Share a highlight from this summer.
This may seem like a weird choice, but preaching this summer has been very satisfying. As has being on my own for a month while my boss was on vacation.
And I was able to visit three of my favorite places--New York City, Vermont, and Maine.
2. Are you glad to see this summer end? Why or why not?
Summer's end is bittersweet, I think. Summer isn't really my favorite season, but I've enjoyed the more relaxed pace at work and my time off. Summer is so short here, though, that it feels sort of unrealized-but that may be the result of my own slowness.
It hasn't been all that hot here this summer, but I won't miss the humidity--or the tourist traffic!
3. Name one or two things you're looking forward to this fall.
Fall is one of my favorite seasons--I love the weather and the way things feel subtly different as we move into a fall rhythm and get ready for winter. But this year, honestly, my thoughts are already moving to spring--specifically to March when my first grandchild will be born and (I hope, hope, hope) LD#1 will come home from Korea.
4. Do you have any special preparations or activities to mark the transition from one season to another? (Cleaning of house, putting away summer clothes, one last trip to the beach)
I've never packed up clothes for different seasons, but now I have two closets in my bedroom, so I have one that is mostly for warm weather clothes and the other mostly for colder weather clothes. I do need to make sure all my sweaters are clean (yeah, I should've done it already!) and send coats to the dry cleaners. And check and see what mildewed over the summer, despite my best efforts to prevent it (ugh!).
5. I'll know that fall is really here when the leaves change and the air gets nippy enough that I have to close the windows.
4 comments:
Vermont also is one of my favorite places. It is, for me, one of the Thin Places. It reminds me a lot of where I live now, but much greener and more water.
Can't wait to see photos of First Grandchild. I still bore people with the photos of my 3. It is a wonderful experience!
Thanks for sharing!
I hope she comes home in March too. It's been far too long.
Love the two closets!
I'm not a summer person (too sticky here in the DC area) so I am with you on that. And the tourists...
I think Vermont probably wins for the fall colors though. Hmmm... maybe it's time for a ROAD TRIP!
:)
d
Post a Comment