Monday, August 06, 2007

City this morning, home tonight

I'm taking the bus home early this afternoon, and barring too much traffic, I'll be home by early evening. I wanted to go out and take some pictures this morning but it's very damp and misty, but I may try in a few minutes.

When I was planning this trip I didn't think I would have time for blogger meet-ups, but as it turned out, I did. Yesterday afternoon I met up with two local bloggers whose identity I won't reveal here, but if they want to, they can. We sat on the lawn and ended up talking for four hours! I was amazed when I looked at my watch and realized how long we had been there.

This morning I went to my favorite coffee shop and sat and looked out the window while I had breakfast, just like I used to do when I lived here. I don't know why that seems like such a restful place to be, but it always has for me. I did a lot of studying there, too.

I really miss this city. I keep telling myself it wouldn't be the same if I moved back, but still...There are no jobs here for me, so it's a pipe dream anyway.

More pictures later.

No comments: