Friday, June 08, 2007

Friday Five~~the getaway fantasy edition

The mission, should you choose to accept it: Pack essentials for a fantasy trip to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life.

Describe your location, in general or specific terms.

I can imagine several (since this is the fantasy edition)~~ the city, or the big old beach house in a southern state we used to rent when the older kids were little, or my favorite city in Vermont.

What book(s) will you bring?

Harry Potter 7, the next Julia Spencer Fleming mystery, and something from my to-be-read pile.

What music accompanies you?


I don't really have essential music, but pushed to choose it would be classical, and maybe some classic rock.

What essentials of everyday living must you take (as in the health and beauty aids aisle variety)?

I'm vain, so it would be the stuff of my daily routine, and no I'm not going to list it all here, but I pretty much follow the same routine no matter where I am.

What technological gadgets if any, will you take with you or do you leave it all behind?

Camera, cell phone and laptop. Always.

What culinary delights will you partake in while there?

Now that depends on where this getaway is....if I went to the city I would have an eggplant panini at my favorite sandwich shop in the Village and some Thai food from Spice and some Indian food. If I went to the beach in the south that I remember fondly from years past I would have fresh tomatoes and corn on the cob and okra and shrimp and grits. If I went to Vermont I would have pizza from the pizza shop where LD#1 worked in high school and college, and Ben and Jerry's, and iced latte at my favorite coffee shop on Church Street.

Bonus question, what makes for a perfect day on vacation for you?

Nice weather, relaxed atmosphere~~I'm not hard to please; I generally just enjoy being away, wherever I am, and go with the flow.

6 comments:

Maria Tafoya said...

Totally forgot that Harry Potter 7 is coming out, Quickly I must run to Borders and get on the list!

What great choices you have for a getaway.

Cathy said...

Wherever you go, it looks like you will have a culinary feast - yum. And the gadgets to go along too!

Deb said...

I'll race you to the bookstore, because I am waiting for HP7 as well!!!
:)

d

JWD said...

We went to Vermont when I was a kid. I'll always remember the stars there at night. Wow.

Unknown said...

MMMM....spice...I still have that place on speed dial even though I'm in the plain states.

revhipchick said...

yummy! i'm still stuck on the indian food!

waiting for HP7 too!

i can't believe that i forgot my camera! ugh!

lovely play!