1. Fiction what kind, detective novels, historical stuff, thrillers, romance?
~I love fiction, but these days I have trouble picking it and don't read as much as I used to. I like historical novels, and some detective stories (the Julia Spencer Fleming novels featuring a female Episcopal priest, for example). Just good stories.
2. When you get a really good book do you read it all in one chunk or savour it slowly?
~Read it all in one chunk and then if it was really good, start over again. We've ordered two copies of HP7 because the Kid and I will both be wanting to devour it right away.
3. Is there a book you keep returning to and why?
~Lots of them. They feel like old friends--they are comfortable but they can still surprise me, make me think, or just entertain me. I've read Winds of War and War and Remembrance at least 10-15 times. And most of the Madeleine L'Engle books multiple times. And some of Gail Godwin's novels. And all the Harry Potter books.
~Lots of them. They feel like old friends--they are comfortable but they can still surprise me, make me think, or just entertain me. I've read Winds of War and War and Remembrance at least 10-15 times. And most of the Madeleine L'Engle books multiple times. And some of Gail Godwin's novels. And all the Harry Potter books.
4. Apart from the Bible which non-fiction book has influenced you the most?
~The Book of Common Prayer. There are others but it is hard to name just one.
5. Describe a perfect place to read. ( could be anywhere!)
~Anywhere comfy--curled up on the sofa or in bed or outside under a big tree or laying on the beach. The only place I can't read is in the car.
10 comments:
ooh, I can't read in the car either. But buses, trains, planes...no problem!
I'm so glad to see other people shaped so profoundly by the Book of Common Prayer. It really has been the single biggest influence on my life, bookwise.
Have a great weekend!
Hedwyg
I can read pretty much anywhere, but my husband prefers that I not read while driving.
Good play, I can see you are a woman of the cloth. I like the Madeline L'Engle books.
After reading everyone's posts, I'll need to start compiling a "must read" list!
Here, here for JSF!
There are six of us in our family and we've ordered five copies of HP7. (Our seven year old can't yet manage HP on his own.) When we're finished, we'll give the extra copies to the women's prison library, where they need books that adults will like, but are aimed at a middle school reading level.
Nope. Can't read in the car. But I can read on airplanes. And, of course the Book of Common Prayer, (major duh, yeesh)...
I can't read in the car either! For me the breviary is the "duh" book...
Thanks for the mystery recommendation!
We bought two copies of #6 and had a definite schedule for who got to read first. This time it's easier, since some will be away at camps or summer jobs. Mwahahaha, it's all mine! I'd also like to thank the publishers for releasing the book while I'm on vacation this time.
Post a Comment