Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cough, cough, sneeze

I've been coughing and sneezing for 10 days now, in what I had interpreted as an allergy attack brought on by record amounts of tree pollen. I'd actually thought I was better on Friday morning, but Friday afternoon my throat started hurting badly, and by Friday night I couldn't speak above a whisper.

Not being able to speak is a problem when you're scheduled to preach, as I was this weekend. Saturday morning when I was, if anything, worse than Friday night, I called my boss and asked if he could cover for me at the Saturday evening service. And then spent most of the day in bed. I stayed home today, too. I feel much better but I still have no voice, and I'm still coughing. It's quite annoying.

I hated being sick, too, because my friends D and J were here to collect their furry family who had been with us for the last two and a half weeks. J was sick, too--sicker than I was--so it wasn't exactly the best of times around here. But it was still wonderful to see them, and we shared good conversation between coughing fits.

It's way too quiet here now--no people and no animals. It a lovely early summer afternoon here, though. Now if only the stupid cough would go away...

5 comments:

Lauralew said...

{{{Hugs Rev Dr Mom}}}

It is tough to have no voice. I drank orange juice last week at my friend's and now my voice is gone.

But, while I can't speak, I'm reading Seven Storey Mountain. That says more than I can at present!

chichimama said...

Ulgh. Hope you feel better soon. Rest up and drink lots of fluids!

OneTiredEma said...

Sending virtual hot lemon & honey drinks!

Get well soon.

Di said...

That stinks, big time.

Allergy meds make me feel awful, maybe worse than the actual allergies do, so I've been using BioAllers. It's a little weird, but does work. And, best of all, I don't get lightheaded, dizzy, or tired. Just thought I'd pass it along.

susan said...

I'm sending a hot cup of ginger-lemon tea your way...get well soon!