Today at work, when I mentioned how crappy I felt yesterday, the parish administrator reminded me again of something she read about a link between migraines and changes in the weather. And you know what? Saturday and Sunday were warm and sunny and yesterday was cold, rainy and nasty. And the last time I felt so bad was a cold rainy day following a nice day.
Of course, two instances do not prove anything. But I googled "weather and headaches" a little while ago, and the link between the two seems to be well documented. And the symptoms I had yesterday were exactly what the articles described.
I am really lucky not to get migraines very often, nor to have them as severe as some people I know. But I think my stress level has made them more frequent in the last month than they have been in a long, long time. Not happy about that, but I'm trying to reduce my stress as much as possible and stay positive and focused.
I will definitely keep track of weather changes and my headache patterns for a while and see if the relationship holds up, too.
4 comments:
I'm sorry you have migraines. I used to get really bad headaches which seem to have gone away with menopause, never dx as migraines.
My migraines have gotten better over the years, but I used to always get them when low pressure systems move into the area. I can usually predict whether or not we'll get a thunderstorm just by how my head feels. (I can also feel trains coming before anyone else in NYC subway tunnels.)
Unfortunately, traveling by airplane (because of the changes in the air pressure in the cabin) can also really bring on a migraine.
There was an article in the news the other day about warmer weather causing/exacerbating migraines. I have never really paid much attention to the weather in regard to my migraines. Maybe I should.
Hope you're feeling better!
Same wishes here!
Post a Comment