Friday, March 27, 2009

Exhausted

The last six weeks or so have been extraordinarily stressful, and the last couple of weeks have been similarly busy, what with Lenten activities on top of everything else. I don't think I realized how tired I really was until around noon today. I had gone in to work for a meeting only to find chaos--broken copy machine on the day we were trying to produce both bulletins and a newsletter, wrong dates given in a memo about the spring rummage sale, etc.

Around lunch time I had done enough that I could come home, and then it hit me that I was so tired, so, so tired. I came home and watched last night's Grey's Anatomy (and the extent to which it made me cry may also reflect my tiredness) and then realizing that I couldn't really keep my eyes open any longer, took a nap on the couch. Which helped a lot. But I am still tired. And I have a sermon to write. Among other things, like laundry which is piling up again, and my last week of Lenten activities to plan, and then there's Holy Week to think about.

I feel like I could take another nap right now. I could just go to bed, but 9:30 seems insanely early. Perhaps I can muster the energ to think about my sermon for a bit. Or something.

3 comments:

susan said...

9:30 is not too early for sleeping. I'm typing quietly so I don't wake you in case you have gone to bed....rest up, and hang in there.

Unknown said...

Did you sleep? I am a day late. I hope you got rest.

Loribythesea said...

Hope you caught up on some rest. This description sounds a lot like how I've been feeling, so while I'm sorry you were so tired and have been busy, it's kind of nice to know I haven't been the only one. Recent Grey's Anatomy with the Izzy storyline, yep that'll produce some tears.