Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dancing with the stars

When I was a kid I always wanted to take ballet. My father always had music on on Saturday afternoons, and I would dance and leap around the living room and have such a great time. I just knew I would love to dance. But whether from lack of money or lack of opportunity, or both, I never got to take dance. And I'm such a klutz, I probably wouldn't have been any good at it anyway.

I still think dancing looks like fun, and I still wish I could dance, but I am both majorly klutzy and self-conscious. In my head I can dance, but real life? Not so much.

Maybe that has something to do with why I've been enjoying Dancing with the Stars so much since I discovered it on abc.com. It just looks like so much fun. And all the dancers look great to me. It is a total feel-good show.

So I'm rooting for Shawn Johnson, and for Steve Wozniak--just because he looks like such a big teddy bear out there.

I haven't watched part 2 of last night's show yet, to say nothing of tonight's show...so no spoilers!

2 comments:

Pastor Joelle said...

I confess I got sucked into watching the Bachelor this year (oh that is an evil show) so naturally I am rooting for Melissa.

Julie said...

I'll let you in on a little secret: dancers are the biggest klutzes I know. I took dance lessons for 12 years (and performed through college) and my brother is a professional dancer in NYC. Get together with a group of dancers and you are in a room full of people tripping over their own feet, bumping into the walls, and knocking stuff over. It seems illogical, but it is universally true.

Do you guys have a community college up there? Go take a dance class - they are low pressure and usually quite fun. Everyone should have the opportunity to dance at least once in their life!