Back home again...no beach pictures because it turned cold and rainy yesterday afternoon when we had free time:( So instead I'm catching up on a post I should've done a couple of weeks ago. CCW very kindly named me as a "thinking blogger" and in response I am supposed to:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).
It's quite difficult to pick just five blogs out of the many I read, because they almost all make me think--that's why I read them. But here are 5 that quickly come to mind. I know that some of these folks have been tagged before, and some may prefer not to respond, but that's okay.
1. Ianqui- at A Ianqui in the Village-not only do I love her great photos of the city I love and her sharp and witty writing, but I also find Ianqui's commitment to lessening her impact on the environment to be inspirational and her political commentary to be right on.
2. Phantom-at Phantom Scribbler-Phantom is mama to two of the world's more precious and precocious children whose conversations she often chronicles. But she is also smart, witty, and a wicked good writer with a way of cutting right to the heart of an issue.
3. Cecily-at and I wasted all that birth control-Another mama of an incredibly beautiful baby, and another writer whose words are not to be missed. Thoughtful, compassionate and hard-hitting all at once and willing to share both her heartbreaks and her hard-won happiness.
4. Deirdre-at On Not Being a Sausage- (and now also at Episcopal Cafe) A New Testament scholar by profession, her wide ranging interests (art, theater, music, politics, current events, birds--to name just a few) and clear insights never fail to fascinate and inspire me.
5. Songbird-at Set Free - Songbird combines pastoral insights with stories of everyday life beautifully as she chronicles her life as pastor, wife and mother--she's a great support and inspiration to many women clergy in her role as one of the contributors tothe Reverend Gal Blog Pals.
It hardly seems fair to leave out so many others...but I'm trying to follow directions here! And thanks, CCW--I'm honored that you named me.
3 comments:
Gosh, thanks, RDM!
Those are all excellent choices!
You are most welcome; it was greatly deserved.
Wow, thanks! I'm seriously behind on reading. You posted this just as I left for London, so I didn't see it until now. Thanks for the shout-out--I'm very honored! (Frankly, I'm also glad that someone likes the occasional political commentary. I know that stuff is hard to comment on, so I don't expect it, but it's good to know that people read it!)
Post a Comment