The highlight of the day was spending the afternoon listening to our new Presiding Bishop, Katharine Jefferts Schori. She's even more impressive in person that she is on-line and in print.
67/365
Not a great shot, but I was too far away to get a really good picture, and it was too crowded during the break time to get one. And then I had to crop out those bald heads that were so prominent.
And I spent some time with the first woman elected a bishop in the Episcopal Church ever.
So I've had quite a purple day. Coincidentally I was wearing my new purple shoes :)
Maybe tomorrow I can take some beach pictures during free time.
5 comments:
Bald heads...ha!
So glad our new bishop is impressive. I am looking forward to her leadership.
Love the shoes! Glad you're enjoying yourself.
KJS really is awesome and inspiring. I have never been in the presence of someone so grounded, so centered and at times so still. It has been a delight working with her on Executive Council (all two meetings!). And chatting with Bahbarah with her gravelly voice is neat, too. Enjoy being with our sisters and forget the bald heads.
Enjoy! Hope you got some beach time...
Mom-I need your skype name. I can't find it.
Post a Comment