Monday, April 23, 2007

Finally

Spring comes late where I live (at least in my limited experience here) but finally the last few days it has felt like spring might actually arrive.

My parish (which I've never given a name, but which henceforth shall be known as 'Saint Somebody's') is known in this area for its large garden, which this time of year features thousands of daffodils. They are just beginning to come into their own this spring.

65/365

The star magnolia across the street at the library just burst into bloom as well.

66/365

The forsythia along my driveway is not yet in bloom, but it is getting ready, and the grass in the back yard is beginning to green up. Time to put out the feeders for the hummingbirds and orioles I think.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. I wish we had some surprise flowers in our yard...

jo(e) said...

The daffodils here just came out too.

Unknown said...

The forsythia happened today, thank the Lord! It's good to have color in the yard!

ccw said...

Beautiful pictures!

Our forsythia and daffodils have already come and gone. However, my neighbor's magnolia has yet to bloom; I cannot wait to see it's pretty flowers.

Woman Warrior said...

man, I've had tomato and pepper plants our for two weeks. What the heck is wrong with your spring??!!

Caminante said...

Well, the crocuses are up here (though the daffies are out in Bton) so spring is coming along slowly.