Monday, March 12, 2007

Neglecting the blog

and other random bits of Monday

~I knew I hadn't posted in a while, but I didn't realize it had been over a week! What happened to my post-a-day habit? It didn't last very long after NaBloPoMo.

~And what happened to my Project 365, taking and posting a picture every day? I feel frustrated about that, because it was something I really wanted to do. I've really enjoyed others--like Ianqui and Scrivener and Liane to name just a few.

~Could this be related to the fact that today is the first whole day off I've had in two weeks?

~And that wouldn't even be so bad if I felt like I had accomplished a great deal, or if I felt caught up. But, nope. Neither of those is true.

~In fact, if truth be known, I have work I should do today....write things for the newsletter for example, since the deadline was Friday.

~At least the two all day meetings I went to last week, and the half-day workshop all seemed worthwhile. There is nothing worse than pointless meetings and worthless workshops.

~Yesterday was the first warm sunny day we've had in a while. But I was too tired to do more than sit on the couch and watch the last four episodes of 24's first season. Sheesh...could we have a few more plot twists? And I'm not so much for sad endings.

~I saw a chipmunk this morning, so spring must be coming :)

~Yesterday was Elder Son's birthday. It makes me feel awfully old--compounded by the realization that several of the bloggers I read just turned the same age he did.

~And Elder Son is engaged! To be married in July 2008.

5 comments:

OneTiredEma said...

I just turned 32 too.

But if it makes you feel any better, my relationship with my mom is still evolving and getting better--it's far better than it was 10 years ago!

Congrats on his engagement!

PS Awesome about the chipmunk! I love them.

Scrivener said...

Congratulations on Elder Son's engagement!

As far as the 365 thing goes, you can always just start back up. No reason to feel guilt or stress. Just start taking picture again when you can.

Snickollet said...

Wonderful news on Elder Son's engagement! Congrats to all.

Caminante said...

I've been doing photos every day since I started the blog and enjoy figuring out what will capture the essence of what I am trying to say. Sometimes it's a photo I take and sometimes it's something I yank off the web... now when I go back to walk the final chunk of the Camino de Santiago this spring, my blog will fall silent.

Liane said...

I echo Scrivener! You can always start up again--It doesn't have to be Jan-Jan. & even a photo every few days will give you something interesting to look back at in a year!

On a totally random, unrelated note, I was wandering around the internet searching for Episcopal bloggers--preferably of the ordained female variety--(b/c I am at the beginning of the whole discernment/ordination process), and I had to laugh when I stumbled on your blog--I've been reading it for 6-8 months now, and somehow I missed entirely the fact that you were Episcopal... silly me! So I say thanks for the wonderful written posts--I've enjoyed following this blog, but clearly I've got to be more attentive! :-)