Like Trillwing, I'm late with this meme, but it's not for lack of questions. Profgrrrrl-not-Katie Couric sent me the questions a couple of weeks ago. So here goes:
1. What material possession would you find most difficult to give up?
~Right off the top of my head I would have to say my laptop and my camera. My laptop is my link to the "outside" world--my link to friends and family who are scattered all over the place. What would I do without email and blogs and such? Since one of the lovely daughters is on the other side of the planet I keep up with her life through her blog, and she keeps up with me the same way (although her blog is generally more interesting than mine.) And although I haven't been doing it much the last couple of weeks, I love taking pictures. Ever since I earned the Photography Badge as a Girl Scout, I wanted to take lots of pictures, but I never had a good camera and I was terrible, just TERRIBLE about getting film developed. I was relatively late jumping on the digital camera bandwagon, but I love my camera because I can take as many pictures as I want and just download them....so easy! so fun!
~The truth is that I do have other things I am attached to...a while back I decided that I only wanted to have things that I really care about. So every picture or doo-dad hanging on my walls has some sort of story attached. The only jewelry I own consists of a few inexpensive things I've bought for myself or my kids have given me , and things that my late mother-in-law who loved antique jewelry gave me so it all has more personal significance than monetary value. I have the christening gown that both my daughters wore and that was worn by their grandmother and I have the christening gown that I wore. I have an old trunk that is just like one my grandmother gave me (the original one got ruined but this one really is an exact copy). So things like that I would hate to lose, too. And my books.
2. What's the most important part of your daily routine?
~Having a few minutes of quiet time to just be. I'd like to say that I have a well developed routine of prayer/meditation or exercise, but I have neither. I really like to have a bit of quiet time in the morning though, before I have to talk to anyone too much and a few minutes of quiet when I get home from work.
3. What are you currently learning that excites you the most?
~Not one particular thing, but I love the way things I've learned in the past (in seminary for example) come together and are reintegrated as I use them and add in new things --experiences, readings, etc. In particular I find that preparing for sermons I revisit readings and discussions and often come to a new place with the material. And when I teach something that often happens as well.
4. Who would play you in the movie of your life?
~Oh my, I am so NOT up on actors, etc. But I admire Meryl Streep, so perhaps she would do. And if I wanted I could so have her hair in "The Devil Wears Prada".
5. If you found a $20 bill tucked deep in a sweater pocket, long forgotten, what would you do with it?
~Buy a book (except so many books are more than $20 these days!) or maybe have lunch with a friend.
Now, I am supposed to offer to ask questions of anyone who wants them, so if you want an interview, let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment