I'm supposed to go to a conference tomorrow. It's not that far away, and it should be fairly interesting. But the weather is tres crappy. It's pouring rain now and windy, and it's supposed to change over to "wintry mix" here and snow where I am headed. I just don't feel like dealing with it, so it occurred to me that I could just stay home.
In some ways staying home sounds very attractive. I'm not preaching this weekend and I worked very hard this week to be mostly caught up. So if I stayed home tomorrow and Saturday would be free days, which I've had precious few of lately.
But I've already paid for this conference, and it feels a bit like I'm wimping out just because of bad weather.
Gah. I guess I'll see what the weather looks like in the morning.
ETA: Friday morning: That nasty combo referred to euphemistically as "wintry mix" was falling when I drove the Kid to school this morning; it turned to snow about 7 am and it's been snowing since, with more snow forecast for my destination. So I'm staying home, wimp or not.
2 comments:
It does sound like the weather will be pretty miserable. What did you decide?
Good decision to have made! I hope you've had a cozy inside day.
Post a Comment