Once upon a time, I started a blog. I chose to blog anonymously with mixed feelings, but once I began writing, it seemed like the right choice. Of course as bloggers do, I also revealed my identity to other bloggers as I got to "know" them.
My older daughter (LD#1) who lives far far away also started a blog. Hers is not anonymous, and she uses it tell people about her life there. I read it but never commented on the blog b/c I didn't want to join Friendster, but she knew that I read it. When LD#1 was here last spring she was using my computer and found my blog. I was a little taken aback, but the cat was out of the bag so to speak. And LD#1 wasted no time telling LD#2, my younger daughter about the blog. I knew from my sitemeter that LD#2 was reading, and eventually we began talking about various blogs and posts.
A few weeks ago LD#2 posted at Phantom's whining ball using her real name. You should get a blogger name, I said to her. Oh, maybe sometime I will she said back to me. And that was the end of it, even though I didn't see her name around anymore.
So today we're talking on the phone and I asked her something and she says, you can read about it on my blog. Really? You have a blog? She wouldn't tell me what it was, but it only took me about 30 seconds to find it. And it's a good blog. And she's had it since September?! I've been reading her comments on other blogs without knowing it was her.
Perhps our secrecy with each other is indicative of the weird family we come from. Or maybe it's just our individual desires to have our own voices. But I'm here to say, we are all out now. And you know who we all are. It's a small small (blogging) world.
PS Elder Son, if you're reading too, would you just let me know? The Kid, he's not interested.
5 comments:
I knew I'd be busted in a matter of time. I was SURE you'd figure me out sooner or later. Especially when Phantom gave me birtday wishes last week...Mr. LS (as I've taken to calling him, SiL to you) doesn't know about the blog yet. Oh, but I bet he might now...I don't know if he reads comments. Oh well! I'm out! Get used to it! :) I'm going to blog about my doctor's appointment today now. Love you Mom!
Ha, I am pleased that I figured this one out before you posted about it! At least I think I did... How cool, to have a blogging family!
huh? how come no one told me that LD#2 had a blog? Jeez... What's the address, mom???!!
--LD#1
I'm not "out" to any of my family. I actually set up a different one just to keep them updated on my life in a different place with different names.
AW, she's the sweetie who's been leaving those kind comments on my blog. I totally love her.
Post a Comment