Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
When I get down in the dumps and start feeling sorry for myself, I try to stop and take stock of how lucky I am and how very much I have to be thankful for. I am really a very privileged person, and I don't always recognize that. So I have been trying to develop and attitude of gratitude, and to keep that with me all the time. And what better time than Thanksgiving day to list those things large and small for which I am truly grateful.
The little things that make my life both easier and more pleasant: my icemaker, my dishwasher, my espresso maker and milk frother that allow me to have a maple latte any time I want one.
The technological things that allow me to do things unheard of a generation ago: my laptop, my digital camera, my cellphone.
The guilty pleasures: a cold beer now and then, a glass of wine, CHOCOLATE.
And lest I seem completely shallow, the really important things: my children who are all dear to me, my good health, the ability to pay my bills every month, the beautiful place I live and all the wildlife that grace my yard, my friends both in real life and in the blogosphere, especially D and J, J, S, and S, and the opportunities I've had to go to school, to reinvent myself not once but twice and to be able to follow the desires of my heart.
For all this I am profoundly grateful.
4 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope it was a wonderful day!
There are so manythings I have to be grateful for!
Happy T Day
Kris et al.
Have you seen Bill Tully's (Rector of St Bart's) essay on Thanksgiving on the WashingtonPost/Newsweek On Faith discussion forum at http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/william_tully/2006/11/if_youre_religious_it_is_if_yo.html#more
Its worth a read.
Deirdre
Post a Comment