Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This week is conspiring against me

After feeling pretty awful Monday and yesterday, I woke up today feeling really good--normal is so nice after crappy, you know? So I went to work full of energy, and vowed to work late since I had a meeting at 6 pm. And then, about 5:00 as I was working away, my computer froze. Nothing would work, so I rebooted it, and guess what--it wouldn't reboot, and I got an error screen (no blue screen of death but maybe you don't get that with Vista?) ARGH! So more than likely everything I did this afternoon is a wash. I just hope I haven't lost everything I've done since I got here.

(Which points out a huge flaw in our system--we aren't networked, and we have NO backup system. So if this happened to the parish administrator's computer, we'd really be up the creek without the proverbial paddle.)

Hopefully we can get the computer tech here in the morning. Sigh.

2 comments:

Lauralew said...

Oh garbage! I hope you have things left on your computer. Hugs to you.

kathy a. said...

ack! i hate vista with a burning passion. and don't remember to back up often enough. hope that things get repaired.