Following various links today while doing some research for my sermon, I came across a blog with this clip of Ted Kennedy speaking at Jerry Falwell's Liberty College (now University). It just so happens that I started reading Ted Kennedy's memoir True Compass a couple of days ago, and I find it surprisingly compelling. I've always respected Kennedy (while, yes, acknowledging his many flaws) and you can't live where I did for the last few years without being infected at least a little by the Kennedy mystique, whether you admire or revile them. One of the things that strikes me in the memoir is Kennedy's frequent references to the importance of his faith in shaping his world view--something that I share with him to a great degree. So I found this passage interesting. At some point I need to look up the rest of this speech and see where he goes with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment