~I tried to plan out my day off today so that by this time of day it wouldn't feel wasted, but things went awry. First the computer boondoggle took more time this morning than I would've liked. Then I had to make an unexpected hospital call, which kind of threw me at first because the message I got made it sound quite dire and I left not knowing how long I'd be gone or what to expect. Fortunately things weren't quite that dire. Yes, a parishioner is very sick, and I'm glad I went, but I think the message I got was the result of a process something like the game of "secret" where one person whispers something into the next person's ear, and so on around the circle.
~So here it is Monday night and I still have prep work to do for tomorrow, and laundry in the dryer and I never made it to the grocery store. And I really need to feel prepared for the week, because it is another very busy one.
~But honestly, what I really want to do is just go finish my novel.
5 comments:
I know firefox frustrations are not funny, but I do have to thank you for making me laugh with your "little rainbow beachball of doom" comment-- I have been seeing that same vision a lot lately as well, and hadn't come up with such a wonderfully eloquent and descriptive name for it yet.
I hope you did go and finish the novel. It's what I want to do this week, too.
Let go of the need to feel prepared and except that no matter what you will be unprepared, especially for whatever joy comes to you in life. Part of what makes joy joyous is that we are never prepared for it. So consider your lack of preparedness a fertile ground for the sprouting of joy. Then again, I could just be full of crap.
God's Peace,
The Barefootpriest+
Firefox has been driving me crazy lately too.
Me too (on firefox.)
Post a Comment