~It totally doesn't feel like Sunday, despite the fact that I've preached at three services and attended Christmas pageant rehearsal and answered all the altar guild's questions about setting up for tomorrow's services..
~I preached on what the Christmas story is like if you only have the gospel according to Matthew (no trip to Bethlehem, no baby in a manger, no shepherds watching their flocks by night, and Joseph's story, not Mary's).
~After church we all went out for brunch. I really wanted a nap after that, but I ran errands instead.
~Mr. LS, NSLS, and Woman Warrior have taken over shopping, baking, and cooking. It's wonderful. We had salmon and risotto and roasted asparagus for dinner.
~I still have my Christmas Day sermon to write, and I am not inspired.
~It is pouring rain outside. I would prefer snow.
~Tonight we went through some boxes of old stuff I've moved around for years. I have old baby clothes--some from my infancy and that of my siblings, and some from my kids. And I have vintage Fisher Price, and WW's old dolls including two My Child dolls in really good condition. I should've taken some pictures while I had everything out of the closet.
~I still have Christmas things to do, but some of them will have to get done during the 12 days of Christmas.
~And tomorrow is Christmas Eve!
2 comments:
Hope it all goes joyously!
Vintage toys are awesome! Miss M enjoyed my MIL's 1976 FP cash register so much that my BIL & SIL bought her one off of Ebay for her 2nd birthday.
New versions of older toys leave nothing to the imagination...annoys me to no end!
(End of rant)
Enjoy Christmas!
Post a Comment