Sunday, December 02, 2007

Mold update

~The guy who came to check out the mold situation didn't seem to think there is anything to be worried about. There is a lot of mildew, but I am relieved that there is no real health issue. He was most puzzled by the mildew on the living room ceiling--probably from this summer, but still in an unusual place. Honestly I never really noticed it until the cleaning person pointed it out. It's faint, but visible. Clearly some work needs to be done to vent the crawl spaces better and keep the basement a bit drier, and see if that helps next summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like your house... I need to vent better. There's a sermon in here somewhere. Thanks for sharing.

Caminante said...

What sort of floor is in the basement?

I have found that running an AC in the sitting room, which gets the most mildewy helps a lot.

Good luck.