Monday, December 31, 2007

Blogging in the New Year

~It's almost 9pm EST, and I just woke up from a short nap on the couch. Honestly, I've done nothing for the last five days but I'm still tired--maybe it's the cold that is still hanging on. But the party is open--as I promised, I've got artichoke dip here and some bubbly for the new year (virtual champagne, and some sparkling apple cider for the real thing). So join the party. What are you doing for the new year?

~I'm listening to NPR talk about the campaign in Iowa. John Edwards is actually gaining inthe polls and there is "no statistical difference" between Edwards, Clinton, and Obama. I think I could support Edwards. I would've preferred him to Kerry last time, and I do think he understands what "real life" is like. I like Obama, too.

~But reality is that GWB is still president for another year. That's a long time for him to mess things up more. And the Republican candidates scare me. All of them.

~Looking at my post from this time last year, I mentioned working on my knitting project that I had just cast on. Ahem. No progress on that front...

~It's 11:55 now....I've been importing CDs to my itunes, talked with friends in Maine, had some popcorn--Orville Redenbacher's Buttery Salt and Black Pepper--yum!

~HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. May 2008 bring peace and happiness to us all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm at the party! We had a little "family friendly" new year's party at our house, so all the families have gone home to put their kids to bed. My 8 yr old is staying up to go on the roof and ring in the new year with all the other folks in the building.

We'll raise our glass at midnight with ya!

Happy New Year!